1. What is microblading?
Microblading is a semi-permanent tattoo technique used to create soft, hair-like strokes with a manual blade and depositing pigment to the epidermal layer of the skin.This is a 2 step process which includes an enhancement session scheduled 6-8 weeks after your initial visit.
2. Pain level?
Numbing is used before and during the procedure, and most clients experience no pain to a low-level of discomfort.
3. How long does microblading last?
Microblading can last 2-3 years depending on the person. Factors like sweat, sun exposure, and smoking can affect the longevity of the treatment.
4. What is the healing process?
Christine provides aftercare which consists of swiping the treatment area with distilled water and sterile q-tips for the first 2 days then applying a special ointment and keeping the area completely clean for 7 days. Please see post-care instructions for more information.
5. Pre care instructions
Stop the following 2 weeks prior to your appointment:
1) Anti-Aging/Acne Skincare with Retinol, AHA or any acids on brows.
2) Peels/Laser Treatments.
3) Botox & Fillers should not be done within the 2 weeks of your appointment.
Stop the following 1 week prior to your appointment:
1) Blood thinning medications: Ibuprofen, Warfarin etc.
2) Alcohol & caffeine (24-48 hours minimum).
3) Oil and herbal supplements.
6. Post care instructions
1) Do not get your brows wet for 72 hours.
2) After Day 3, lightly wash your brows with warm water and antibacterial soap with your clean fingers (not a cloth).
3) Apply ointment to hydrate the area and help heal.
4) Leave eyebrows makeup-free for 10-14 days and always use sanitized makeup and brushes.
5) No sun exposure, extreme heat or heavy sweating for two weeks.
6) Do not pick at scabs, allow skin to heal on its own to avoid infection and maintain pigment.